Tuesday, May 31

Week 2 Blogging Challenge

Right, week 2 blog challenge- go check it out at http://courage2start.blogspot.com/

What I want from this blogging challenge is ...

tell me about your STRENGTHS
I WANT to know about your physical strengths.
I WANT to know about your mental strenghts.
I WANT to know about the habits you have that make you strong
I WANT to know what it is about you that makes you the fighter that is inside.

You can't just tell me one thing. Tell me what makes you strong.
Make me BELIEVE it! Make me BELIEVE you are going to fight for your health and you HAVE the power!
Tell me what prepares you to fight these 12 weeks now to make you extraordinary.
What is deep inside you that means you are going to succeed.
And how are you going to use those strengths??

Inspire me.
Cause you ARE inspirational to me.
Now I want to be sure that YOU believe it..

 1: Physical Strengths.

I think im fairly strong. Ive noticed in the last few weeks since exercising with my husband that we are lifting similar weights in a few of the exercises and it makes me really proud that I can keep up with a man when it comes to lifting weights! I used to do weight training with a personal trainer 2-3 times a week for the 6 months leading up to my wedding and I was lifting some incredible amounts of weights. As an example- right now im lifting 40-50kg on the leg-press, and when I was with my trainer I was doing 100-110kg, so I know deep down that I more then capable of getting back to that weight and building up that strength once again!
I also think im abit of a machine when it comes to the bikes. If only those seats were abit more comfy! Im not very good at speed but I am fairly good at endurance. I can go a steady rate on the random program for a good amount of time and feel great.

2. Mental Strengths.

My husband said to me last night that he is very impressed with my motivation at the moment. He has seen me go through countless weightloss programs before and he said he has never seen me in this frame of mind before- so determined and focused to succeed. That means the world to me. I do give up very easy but I think a mental strength of mine is that when I AM focused nothing stops me. I become obsessed with it, and I live & breathe every second of it. And I definetely feel a different type of energy this time. I get it now. I understand the process of change. Consistency is key. Living beyond the limits. Pushing beyond the unthinkable. Nothing is impossible. Even I cant stop me. Nothing can stop me. This is my lightbulb moment. This is me, leaving my body and looking back at myself and seeing not a broken woman anymore- there is massive potential here, and that potential will be filled. It will be blasted out of the water. I wont know whats hit me, but I know I like it, and I want more!!

3. The Fighter Inside.

Ive always been a fighter but in a different kind of way. Im a total perfectionist to the point where I think even my accomplishments arent good enough and this is my downfall which im starting to realise now. Ive never felt like im worthy enough and ive never done anything good enough. When I finished university-yes I was proud I was finished, but I didnt graduate with honours or even a distinction and to me that meant failure. Ive worked the ladder in my career and am now working in a highly skilled & demanding area of nursing practice- intensive care- which to me is the pinicle of knowledge & skill in nursing yet I still feel like a failure. Im still not proud of that. Now I look at my career and think- im just a doctors slave. To other people im just a person who wipes up shit and follows doctors orders. Yet I know deep down its this feeling which pushes me further in my career and I need to change perspectives. I need to see the positives of this way of thinking and turn it around. 

I think im ugly. I see no beauty when I look at myself in the mirror. I am a plain jane. There is nothing nice to look at. I get told im beautiful and I love that my husband finds me so attractive but I just dont see it. I want to see it though, and I think this is what makes me a fighter. I dont want to ignore those compliments anymore, I want to embrace them. I want to agree. I want to be able to look at myself and think' hey, im alright!' 

I have dealt with alot of nasty people in my life. I have been bullied & beaten down so much with words, both direct & indirect and I hold alot of grudges to people in my past. I picture these people in my mind when im struggling with my exercise- I see their smug faces and I use this to push myself so one day I can confront them and say ' I told you I could do it!!', then completely dismiss them without another thought.  


1 comment:

  1. You certainly are gorgeous! but I get what you mean, I don't see 'pretty' in the mirror either. I had a friend when I was younger that was 'stunning' - one of those people that everyone just stops and looks, and I know I will never be that. But why do I have to be?
    Same with the perfection thing - I get very frustrated that I can't just be happy with what I achieve! so you are certainly not alone!

    ps I think nurses are awesome! There is no way I would be able to do the things you do. Nurses are very special people!

    ReplyDelete