Tuesday, May 17

Milestones

Im having abit of trouble coming up with my mini & major milestones for the 12wbt. For the major one im pretty set on the idea of the 10km for the Brisbane running festival which is 5-7th of August (one week before the 12wbt ends). They do a marathon, half-marathon, 10km & 3km. I think the 3km may be too easy and the half & full marathons way out of my league, but the 10km may just be achievable!

For the mini milestones, im still stuck. The first one is in 4 weeks, and is the week of my exam so im more stressed about that but I cant use that as an excuse! Right now im thinking, to run 1km nonstop should be my 4 week MM, and to run 5km (can have breaks) will be my 8 week MM. Does this sound okay????? I want to have an achievable goal, and not something that sounds so completely undoable that I just set myself up for failure.

1 comment:

  1. I almost feel like we should do the fitness test first to see where we are at so we can then set goals accordingly! I have the same problem. I might do the Brissy Running Festival too because I'm doing the City to Surf in Sydney the weekend after so then 10km would be a great test run for me.

    As for a mini milestone, not really sure myself.

    ReplyDelete