Thursday, May 19

PIES!!!

Week 1 opened up today, as most of you know. I have had to do alot more planning then most, being vegetarian, and working out substitutes for the meat's but I will post about that abit later. For now, I must share you with this awesome pie I made. My husband & I are quite into the tv show Masterchef, and one of the challenges last week was a pie cook-off and we both got all excited so decided to make our own (and put it a vote between family & friends). I wont share a pic of my husbands as it had a rather rude picture on the top (a penis!) but here is my masterpiece which I won the most votes for! Its a 'vege' chicken, mushroom, onion, basil, spinach & gravy pie on a bed of spinach, cucumber & parmesen salad with paprika ricotta. It came in at 438cals for the whole dish, which wasnt too bad for a full-pastry pie, and it was sooooooooooo yum!!!! Wont be making these for awhile, so I enjoyed it! Hubby made a chili-con-carne pie. Just chili-con-carne out of a can- how boring!!!



Will be back to post probably sunday night or monday morning with more details on my planning for next week but im working crazy hours til then, so have a great weekend planning everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ticklish, i'm a fellow 12WBT'er!
    You have an awesome blog, well done, i started one tonight and i think i need lessons! LOL... so confused :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking me out! Thats great youre doing a blog, they are a great way to express yourself! Dont worry about all the fancy technical stuff, the best blogs are nice & simple!!

    ReplyDelete