Sunday, May 1

Goals

The next task came out this morning, yay! Its all about setting goals and how to get to those goals. I will be making a little widget thing for my goals to go on the side of my blog aswell to remind me everyday but will go more in depth this post.

My most important goal is weightloss. Im approx 108kg- my ultimate goal weight is 60kg (as its a nice even number) but im aiming for 63kg, so a loss of 45kg is needed. I would like to lose 1kg per week on average. I say on average, as im sure some weeks I will lose more then that and other weeks I will lose less then that or none at all. So overall, 45kg in 45 weeks. Im officially starting on May 23rd when the round starts so 45 weeks from then will be April 2nd 2012. Seems like soooooooooooo far away! Ive broken that 45kg down into 5kg goals with 5 weeks for each goal and trying to associate those dates with something to look forward to.

First 5kg in 5 weeks: June 27th 2011 (my 25th birthday is June 30th)
10kg in 10 weeks: August 1st 2011 (Beginning of a new month?)
15kg in 15 weeks: September 5th 2011 (around fathers day)
20kg in 20 weeks: October 10th 2011 (end of uni semester)
25kg in 25 weeks: November 14th 2011 (week of holidays)
30kg in 30 weeks: December 19th 2011 (just before xmas)
35kg in 35 weeks: January 23rd 2012 (no idea yet)
40kg in 40 weeks: February 27th 2012 (no idea yet)
45kg in 45 weeks: April 2nd 2010 (goal bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Its just a rough guide, but its a guide to start with. I know weightloss isnt uniform and doesnt conform to timelines but that can be adjusted. On to some other goals!

I drink a shocking amount of diet soft-drink. Like, just really bad. My first month diet-goal is to be rid of diet coke (and any other soft drinks or nasty things like that)! Portion control is also something id like to be getting my head around in the first month. By the end of the challenge id like to be running on a much cleaner diet of fresh foods.

Exercise goals: first month goal is to run 1km without stopping. 3 month goal is to run 5km without stopping. Ill be doing the interval training thing on the treadmills, slowly working up in 30 second incriments of running with decreasing the time walking between sets til i do a full 1km on running without stopping. A long term exercise goal is to kayak from the beachfront down the road to Bribie Island. I have no idea what that is distance wise, but it should take about all morning to get there if we leave at about 6am, then stop for lunch & a breather at the island then come back in the afternoon.

So those are my starting goals, im sure I will come up with more as the challenge progresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment