Tuesday, May 31

update

Happy Tuesday everyone!!!!

Been super busy the last few days, working long hours, hitting the gym and cooking yummy food!! So far ive had a great week, have gone to the gym everyday except Sunday (rest day) and did my Super Saturday Session of 1001cals. Weigh-in day tomorrow- id love to see 1kg gone, fingers crossed!!

I noticed a few weeks ago some people posted on the forums about low calorie hot chocolate and how the Jarrah brand was full of chemicals and what other good low calorie hot chocolates may be out there? Today I found an organic drinking chocolate from Abundant Earth in the hot choc aisle at Coles (it was on the bottom shelf) and it looks fairly ok. Its 51cals per 14g serving (compared to 45cals per 11g serving of the Jarrah) and ingrediants are organic sugar, organic cocoa powder, organic skim milk powder & natural flavour. So numbered ingrediants! It tastes pretty good aswell.


Diet wise this week has been fairly good. I worked 12hr night shifts on the weekend which I was worried would be a hurdle but with a little planning it was ok. I had a late lunch (like 3pm), then started work at 6pm, had my dinner break at 9-10pm, then breakfast break at 3-4am then just had a small snack when I got home from work at 8:30am then slept all day. This worked really well. I also made a big effort to drink more water on night shift! I always get so dehydrated & headachey when I work nights because I usually drink coffee all night, then sleep all day so have no water at all! But this time I made the plan that I would limit myself to 2 coffees overnight and the rest was water and I dealt with that quite easily.

Exercise has been good this week. The weights have been a killer but so good to get back into again. I gotta admit I had a little chuckle to myself this week when I was in the weights section at my gym and there about 6 guys going hard on their weights, lifting like 50kg+ and here is me- the only girl- and lifting....5kg. Hahaha! Felt slightly intimidated, but I had fun! Last night at the gym was very very busy- I have never seen it that busy at 10pm before! My husband said he saw lots of guys checking me out but I think he was just trying to make me feel good, I seriously doubt that. Or if they were looking it was in shock horror lol. Anyway, I was really in the zone last night and smashed it on the x-trainer- I finally beat my husband on distance! Was so happy with myself. Now I just gotta beat him on every other machine there! Its fun having some competition between us. Well, lots of study to do- exam in 2 weeks (OMG) but I will be back to post tomorrow (maybe do a new vlog) with week 2 weigh-in results. And hopefully I can get to doing the blog posting challenge sometime today aswell. Take care everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting about the hot choc - just ran out of the Jarrah so might try that stuff.

    is it any good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes its quite nice. not as sweet as the jarrah but it still does the trick!

    ReplyDelete