Thursday, June 9

this is bullshit!!

Grr im so over it right now!!!! This is a total uni/study vent so feel free to ignore as it doesnt really relate to 12wbt but I need to vent!!!

I have my exam next Wednesday and things are looking horrible!!!
Ive hardly studied, and yes I know thats my own fault but god this semester has been a bitch!! The first 3 lectures wont be in the exam but that doesnt really make a difference as I learnt nothing new in those lectures. I have spent the majority of the semester working on my major assignment which was worth 50% and I got 37.5/50 which I was stoked with, and I got 8.5/10 for my mini-exam at start of semester so I only need 4 out of 40 for my exam to pass the whole subject but im sitting on a distinction right now and id hate to lose that distinction. The annoying thing is, the majority of this semester has been on neurological, spinal & burns which the hospital I work at doesnt do so half the info just isnt sticking because I strongly relate facts to my experience and day-to-day work so if I havent done it then I dont get it!!! The exam will be 2 case studies, each worth 20%. Im fairly certain one of the cases will be ARDS (acute respiratory distress syndrome) as the whole 'theme' of this semester is advanced mechanical ventilation & respiratory and they kind of hinted on the ARDS lecture to know it back to front which is fine because im awesome with ARDS and am fairly comfortable with the knowledge. However, I just know the second case will be either spinal or neurological trauma as heaps of the students in my class are from the royal hospital which does neuro & spinal & burns traumas so they will want to quiz them I reckon. It sucks!!! I hate it!! I just hate everything to do with the brain/spine, and burns for that matter. Thats why I dont work in an area like that!!! Ah well. Im just being silly. At least next semester is cardiac & renal & advanced haemodynamics which my hospital is the best at so that will be awesome! Im just really bummed this semester has been a total drag as I so badly want to do really well and I know I will pass but I dont want to just pass- I want that distinction dammit!!!

Anyway. Enough of my ranting. This is what sleep-deprivation plus being sick plus being frustrated I cant go to the gym plus stupid fricken boring lectures does to a girl. Hopping off my soapbox now!

2 comments:

  1. Just focus on your strengths, knock the one out of the park and you will be able to bring the rest in line!!! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. From one student preparing for exams to another, believe me when I say, I feel your pain.

    Good luck - I'm sure you'll do great!
    xo

    ReplyDelete