Friday, April 29

Task 2: Get Real & Excuses

So the next task is to think about all the excuses we make and to get real! Get it all out there and find solutions to those excuses so they no longer become obstacles. Here are my answers:

Intrinsic Excuses

1. IM NOT WORTH IT.
2. IM TOO BUSY.
3. IM TOO TIRED.
4. WHO CARES?
5. ILL PROBABLY FAIL ANYWAY.
6. ILL DO IT ANOTHER DAY.
7. THIS ISNT THE TIME TO CHANGE.
8. IM NOT READY FOR CHANGE.
9. IM SCARED OF CHANGE.
10. ILL LOOK STUPID AT THE GYM.

Solutions

1. Daily mantra that I AM worth it!
2. Plan better- break down the week and find the time- make the time!
3. Exercise will pep me up- remember that! Plus it will help me sleep better so I wont be tired all the time due to not sleeping well.
4. Do I really want my friends & family to suffer because of my health? Everyone in my life wants me to succeed- everyone cares!
5. Not if you stick to it and get back on the wagon.
6. If not today then when? What if you died tomorrow? In 6 months? Why not live life NOW!
7. If not today then when? Life is busy- when would you like time off to change???
8. When then?? What is going to change so you will be ready? The time is now!
9. Change is good. It will be much better then what you are living now- a boring, fat existence. Dont be scared of happiness!
10. No, because noone will be looking- noone cares! They are there doing their own thing, not to wait for fat people to walk in & make fun of them!

Extrinsic excuses within my control

1. THE GYM IS PROBABLY TOO BUSY.
2. IVE GOT STUDY TO DO.
3. I NEED TO RELAX BEFORE WORK.
4. I NEED TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH MY FAMILY INSTEAD OF ON ME.

Solutions

1. Then go for a walk instead. Or plan your gym work-out differently if the equipment is limited.
2. Plan study time more effectively and stop procastinating. Use study time efficiently so there is time left for exercise.
3. Your job isnt that hard. JFDI!!
4. They want to spend time with you too- but wont be able to when you die early from a heart attack or stroke because you are fat!

Extrinsic excuses not within my control

1. WORKING LONG HOURS.
2. EXHAUSTION.
3. UNIVERSITY.
4. FAMILY EVENTS.

Solutions

1. Plan exercise for when there is time- dont sabotage all your efforts by trying to fit something in when its just impossible & being burnt out. Be reasonable!
2. If you truly need to rest, then rest. But get back to it when you are finished!
3. Plan that study time! And celebrate the finishing of an assignment or exam with a walk around the block with the dogs!
4. They dont take all day- you can find time to squeeze in a gym session before or after!

Im sure ill think of some more and will update it as needed. Now off to the forums to read everyone elses!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment